Saturday, February 25, 2012

Courage

Well- it was a long week. I decided to take an internet break mid week, to help myself avoid unnecessary stress. No news, no Facebook, no email. I figure that sometimes the stuff that goes on in my real life is enough.
And it was good! It helped me to empty my mind of unnecessary clutter and focus on what was actually in front of me. So, I did a bit of prioritising, and considered a couple of options. By the end of the week I was feeling calmer. No less inadequate, but much calmer! When I came back to check in on Facebook last night I saw this quote.....

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow"

Mary Anne Radmacher




Just what I needed to remember. I don't always need to feel adequate, or capable, or smart, or calm, or anything else for that matter.
I just need courage.
I need to be able to use that courage to persist, and to get up each morning willing to have another go.
And I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can read my comment policy by clicking on the link at the top right of the page.